Architect: Office CCXD & DROM architects with Bureau Bouwtechniek
Advisors: Mouton (stability), Istema (technique, EPB), IVW Consult (safety coodination), EVA-international (acoustiques)
Surface: 14.361 m²
Timing: 2019 -
Status: in execution
Project Support I Collaboration
Reconversion and expansion of the Sobinco corporate campus into a series of interconnected buildings: an office building, production hall, a new production terminal, an R&D building, a connection building and a warehouse.
- An office and utility building with a very high level of finishing: use of color and materials with gold and pink accents, a 'Sobinco Tower' (steel 'lookout tower') as a brainstorming place for the office workers, including environmental landscaping to create a total picture
- create a 'meeting place' in the armpit of 2 new buildings, inclined to each other
- the new 'golden' buildings stand as a central link between the old company building and the new warehouse
- a 'golden' metal skin of the office building and the production hall that are partly perforated and 'hide' the glazed thermal facade. At night, this results in the effect of a light box.
- pink concrete paving stones as external pavement and also used here and there as wall cladding
- steel structure is given central role and is clad with a metal sandwich panel
BB is responsible for the complete structural engineering support of the architect. BB is responsible for technical assistance during the design process, drawing up the execution plans, developing technical details, drawing up the architectural specifications and the estimates. BB also supervises the execution.
Team BB: arch. Ilse Deckmyn, arch. Raf De Preter, ir. arch. Cas Verstraeten, int. arch. Katie Van der Borght, arch. Tiny Vandenberghe, Glenn Verdyck