Contractor: Zolderse Dakprojecten
Location: province of Antwerp
Timing: 2020 - 2023
Status: in execution
Technical advice I Roofs
Commissioned by ZDP, Bureau Bouwtechniek carries out various roof inspections at around 100 locations in the province of Antwerp.
Checking roofs and roof sealing :
- Inspection of the visible roof seal for mechanical damage, chemical contamination and subsidence or special changes;
- Checking the visible detail connections, expansion joints, closing profiles, slabs, roof penetrations and chimneys.
Checking tapping holes and gutter zones :
- Checking the watertightness of the visible tap holes and gutter zones;
- Checking the visible seam connections and detailed connections at the location of tapping holes and gutter zones.
Inspection of skylights :
- Checking the light panels, profiles and connections for defects.
The detailed and illustrated inspection report per building contains:
- a summary of the observations and remarks with regard to the roofs (including roof domes / skylights) with attention for the entire roof surface, areas that need to be renewed or repaired and objects that are present on the roof;
- the condition of the gutters and the roof covering (estimated maximum remaining life of the roof covering and of the gutters and drains is specified);
- an overview of the possible points for attention;
- guidelines for repairs and maintenance to be carried out.
Team BB: arch. ass. Tuur Van Dijck, Wim Rymenants, ir. arch. Arno Van Hulle, ir. arch. Ruben Van Vooren