A circular building is a temporary gathering of products, components and materials with a documented identity in a form that can fulfil a certain function for a certain period of time, where the origin and possible re-use are and remain documented. Attention is paid to conservation, reuse, upcycle and recycling in the supply and removal of materials.
There are various possibilities to contribute to circular building:
- Preserving as many existing materials as possible.
- Carefully demolish existing materials and put them on the markte again.
- Design smart structures in which different functions can take place.
- Use second hand materials.
- Use bio-based materials.
- Attach all new materials in a demountable position.
- Document all materials well.
- Renting/leasing materials instead of buying them.
Bureau Bouwtechniek intends to implement the principles of circular building in all projects. Per project we look for interesting inserts for that building at that location.