Advisors: Denis Dujardin (green concept), Daidalos-Peutz (building physics), Ney and partners (stability), Studiebureau Boydens (techniques, EPR)
Surface: 9.500 m²
Timing: 2018 -
Status: design phase
© renders: BOVAA
© BIM: BB
Project Support I Collaboration
Renovation of the WTCB office building in Brussels.
Sustainable renovation (of the city)
Next to high performances in energy design and circularity, the project aims to prototype the biophilic design principles for a sustainable re-use of the existing urban buildings in high-density urban contexts.
- Building in independent layers: elements with different lifetimes that can be detached and replaced or recovered without damaging adjacent components.
- Disassembly already provided at design. The building as a future material bank.
- Materials with low environmental impact and high material efficiency.
- The new building envelope as a green infrastructure for densely built-up urban environments.
- The shell is designed as a system of independent layers (see circular construction).
- The components are accessible from both outside and inside.
- The new building envelope allows a flexible interpretation of the interior design.
BB is responsible for the complete technical support of the architect and the technical assistance during the design process:
- the preparation of the implementation plans,
- the elaboration of technical details,
- the preparation of the architectural specifications and the estimate.
BB supervises the execution.
Team BB: ir. arch. Thomas Janssens, ir. arch. Elien Coppitters, ir. arch. Thijs Verfaillie, arch. Bart Van den Bossche, ir. arch. Arno Van Hulle, Farzan Jazil, ir. arch. Febe Lanckmans, ing. Freya Michiels, Jan Deuvaert, arch. ass. Katie Van der Borght, ir. arch. Marleen Meulenbergs, ing. Martijn Vyncke, ir. arch. Paulus Present, arch. Raf De Preter, ir. arch. Stephanie Van Goethem, arch. Steven Wauters, ir. arch. Thomas Cantraine, ir. arch. Tiny Vandenberghe